Above is the BurdaStyle set as it's supposed to be. Looks good even after taking the top out of the trash...
I really like the Burda pattern and all went well until I got to the part attaching the collar to the top. I'm still not sure what went wrong, but I just did not understand the instructions. If you've never made a Burda pattern, they are known for their minimal instructions. So, I think I attached the back/neck band wrong initially, and that's what threw everything off. Anyway, I actually threw out the top at least 3 times. THREE times literally in the trash because I was so frustrated. That's where the McCall's pattern comes in.
I made the top in the second pic because I had already made the shorts and wanted a top to go with them. Whew!
I was determined to not let this pattern defeat me so I figured it out. It's still not technically correct, but it works.
I do want to figure out how to make this top the right way. The shorts - no problem. The solid yellow is gauze and the rest is just a cotton quilting fabric.
The shorts have a mock fly with buttons and pockets. Contrasting fabric can be used for the waist and leg bands.
That's all for now. Hopefully my next project won't be so maddening!